A brief history of the church from Pastor Bryce…
…faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God…
January 2000, sitting at the kitchen table, I received this verse to confirm my calling to teach the Bible in Mansfield. September 2000, one year into our marriage, Bethany and I packed up our 4 suitcases and followed God’s call. That first year was difficult, as it normally is when starting any work that is going to be built upon the firm foundation of teaching through God’s Word. Our twin daughters were born in May 2001 just after we began meeting in the back room of Kingsway Hall to study the Bible. That week I placed a invitation in the Forest Town Co-op to invite people to come and one visitor showed up who rarely returned, but the word began to spread. October 2001, we began our first Sunday service in Kingsway Hall that turned into 14 years of Sunday meetings in Kingsway. People were saved, marriages were made, people grew, some fell away, spiritual depth increased, division reared its ugly head, but a new church founded on God’s Word and walking in His love was born (along with two more daughters)! May 2015, we began a new season by merging with Bible Pattern Church and into their building. Now armed with fresh vision and a new opportunity to build up and send forth His people in our new church home, we look forward to what the next 15 years hold as we proclaim Jesus Christ as The Way, The Truth, and the Life!
Calvary Mansfield is a Bible-based, Bible-believing fellowship, whose doctrine is taken solely from Scripture as interpreted by the Holy Spirit. We are a fellowship of believers under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
- We believe worship of God should be Spiritual. Therefore we remain flexible and yielded to the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be Inspirational. Therefore we give a great place to music in our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be Intelligent. Therefore our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshiped.
- We believe worship of God is Fruitful. Therefore we look for His Love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshiping Him.
- We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture (that it is free from error). Therefore our ministry emphasizes the exposition of God’s Word from Genesis to Revelation, line upon line, precept upon precept.